ONKYO 5.2 Channel AV Receiver 155W P/CH at 6 ohm. DTS-X and Dolby Atmos playback. 4 HDMI inputs 1 HDMI out with ARC. Dimensions - (WxHxD) 435x 160x328 Weight - 8.2kg, Black
Class-beating sound shaped to your lifestyle
Premiere Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® sound at home with the TX-SR393. Choose a speaker layout to suit your room, from a space-saving 2.1-ch setup enhanced with 3D surround-sound courtesy Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer* or DTS Virtual:X™ to a 3.2.2-ch system for native object-audio playback. Whatever way you play it, dynamic power is ready to thrill thanks to authentic high-current analog amps backed by a thumping custom transformer. For true-to-life video, the AVR supports 4K/60p and HDR video passthrough. If all this tech sounds scary, relax: every aspect of this product is designed to erase frustration, from the automated AccuEQ system calibration to quick connection guide. The receiver integrates your players and TV and adds practical features such as Vocal Enhancer for clear dialog. There’s even a Zone B line-out to distribute all your home theater sources to a component with an analog RCA line in, such as a wireless headphone dock or hi-fi system. Or just sit back and stream from apps via Bluetooth® technology and let Advanced Music Optimizer™ enrich every note of the golden Onkyo sound.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® sound is here
The TX-SR393 supercharges your Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® experience. Object-based audio is mixed in 3D space and lets any sound play through any speaker, tracking the action, localizing effects, and moving around you. Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X complement native 3D audio playback. These technologies find localization cues in legacy stereo or multichannel soundtracks and upmix these elements to create immersive top-to-bottom dimensionality.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
When playing any Dolby® format, engaging Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers
Spatial sound elevated with DTS Virtual:X™
DTS Virtual:X is a new surround-sound virtualization technology that creates an immersive 3D soundfield from any speaker layout, such as 2.1, 3.1, and 5.1 configurations without height, surround, or rear surround speakers deployed. It uses sophisticated DSP-based algorithms to place the audience at the center of a multidimensional soundfield with height and surround spatiality, and is equally effective in large or small spaces. DTS Virtual:X works in the 3D domain with DTS:X soundtracks, DTS formats, and non-encoded stereo.
Ready for 4K HDR entertainment
Enjoy comprehensive support for 4K/60p and HDR (High Dynamic Range) video formats including HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision®, and BT.2020. The 4:4:4 color-space is also supported. All four HDMI® inputs and ARC-ready output pass video from player to your compatible TV, unlocking everything the latest films and games have to offer. You can easily confirm A/V input-output status via a new OSD window.
More power, more realism, more magic
It’s tempting to see watts as the most important figure on an amp’s spec sheet. However, watts are an indication of loudness, not sound quality. Amperes—electrical current—tell the real story. The more current an amplifier develops, the better it controls the speakers. Better control equals fast transient response, wide dynamic range, and clear, accurate sound. The high-output transformer, large capacitors, and discrete amps inside the TX-SR393 produce the most current in its class. And that’s one big reason why it sounds as good as it does.
AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex™
AccuEQ creates a harmonious soundfield in your room. It detects speaker presence, size, and distance from a measurement position, and sets sound-pressure levels. It then selects the ideal subwoofer crossover and applies equalization to all speakers. AccuReflex optimizes object-based audio reproduction through Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. It resolves phase-shift arising from path differences between directional and non-directional sounds. Enjoy improved localization and a 3D field with vertical movement and overhead dimensionality.
Hear dialog clearly at the touch of a button
Finally, a fast and effective solution to inaudible dialog in TV programs and movies. The TX-SR393 features DSP-controlled Vocal Enhancer that identifies vocal frequencies and allows you to raise or lower them to taste using keys on the remote or via the tone controls on the receiver’s front panel.
Share the atmosphere or relax in privacy
A fantastic addition to the TX-SR393 is a Zone B line-out. It connects a component with an analog RCA line input to audio sources available to the receiver, including HDMI and digital audio. Share sound to a hi-fi in a nearby space, or connect a supported charging transmitter dock for wireless headphones and enjoy your entertainment without disturbing anybody.
Simple steps to sweet sound
The TX-SR393 simplifies your room’s entertainment setup. Components plug into labelled ports while your TV connects via one easy-to-conceal HDMI cable. Hook up your speakers as shown by a friendly diagram next to the numbered speaker terminals. Setup takes moments, enjoyment is limitless.
Smooth and easy Bluetooth® streaming
Whatever audio is playing on your phone, tablet, or PC app can be streamed to the TX-SR393 with Bluetooth wireless technology. Once the receiver has paired with and remembered your device, it will start playback automatically whenever it detects an incoming Bluetooth audio stream.
Decompress with Advanced Music Optimizer™
When an audio file is squeezed into a small container (such as MP3), high-frequency data is lost. This can affect sound quality. Onkyo’s Advanced Music Optimizer DSP listening mode reconstructs the missing bit data. Playback quality is greatly improved, while you enjoy the same convenient file sizes. This mode also optimizes Bluetooth streaming playback quality.
- 155 watts per channel
- Supports 4K/60p and HDR (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision®, BT.2020)
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® playback
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer* and DTS Virtual:X™
- AccuEQ with subwoofer EQ and AccuReflex™
- Discrete high-current analog amp system with 4-ohm drive capability
Bluetooth® technology and Advanced Music Optimizer™
- Vocal Enhancer function improves voice audibility
- Zone B line-out shares any audio source to components with an RCA input, such as wireless headphone docks, etc.
- OSD window shows media format data for quick confirmation
- High-Output Low-Noise Power Transformer
- High-current 5-channel analog amplification system
- Discrete high-power output transistors
- Original low-impedance amp-circuit topology
- Supports HDCP 2.2, 4K/60p, HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020), 4:4:4 color-space, BT.2020, 3D Video, ARC (Audio Return Channel), DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, and LipSync via HDMI
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ decoding
- Supports SACD (Super Audio CD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2ch, multi-channel)
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual:X 3D sound processing
- Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X upmixing technologies
- Premium 384 kHz/32-bit AKM multichannel DAC
- Direct Mode for source-authentic stereo sound
- 4 HDMI inputs and 1 output with ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- 2 digital audio inputs (1 optical and 1 coaxial, assignable)
- 3 analog audio inputs (assignable)
- Zone B line out
- 2 subwoofer pre-outs
- Speaker terminals (screw-type x 2 [Front L/R], lever-type x 3)
- Rear USB power supply terminal (5 V/1 A) for media streaming devices
- 6.35 mm headphone output (front)
- 3.5 mm AccuEQ setup mic input (front)
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration, Subwoofer EQ, and AccuReflex
- Zone B line-out shares any audio source to components with an RCA input, such as mini hi-fi systems, integrated amps, wireless headphone docks, etc.
- DSP-controlled Vocal Enhancer function boosts dialog audibility via remote keys or front-panel controls
Bluetooth wireless technology supports high-quality audio streaming from phones, tablets, and PCs
- Advanced Music Optimizer improves playback quality of compressed audio
- GUI with OSD via HDMI features media input/output information window for easy confirmation of playback settings
- 1080p Full HD to 4K Ultra HD upscaling over HDMI
- Quick Connection Guide on rear panel for stress-free setup
- A/V sync control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz)
- Direct Power On function switches on receiver when an input key is pressed on the remote control or front panel
- HDMI passthrough function on standby
- Tone controls for Front L/R channels (bass/treble)
- 3-Mode front-panel display dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- AM/FM tuner with 40 random presets
- Sleep timer
- Simple remote control
|Power output (Front L/R / Center / Surround L/R)
(6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 channel driven)
(6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 channel driven, IEC)
|THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise)
||0.08% (20 Hz–20 kHz, Half Power)
|Input sensitivity and impedance
||200 mV rms/47 kΩ (Line)
||10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
||±10 dB, 20 Hz (Bass)
±10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
||109 dB (Line, IHF-A)
||4 Ω–16 Ω
|Tuning frequency range
||FM 87.5 MHz–108 MHz
AM 530 kHz–1,710 kHz, 522 kHz–1,611 kHz
|FM/AM preset memory
||AC 220–240 V~, 50/60 Hz
|Standby power consumption
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||435 x 160 x 328 mm